These delicious brownies won't make you feel bad for wanting a dessert after practice.
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans (make sure they are well rinsed & drained)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- toppings are optional – pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips
1) preheat oven to 350° & lightly grease a muffin pan (make sure your beans are already drained and rinsed and this point)
2) add beans to a food processor and blend until looks smooth then add your remaining ingredients
3) If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny.
4) Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger. (here you can add your toppings)
5) bake for 20-26 minutes or until the tops are dry.
6) Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan. They will be tender, so remove gently with a fork. The insides are meant to be very fudgy, so don’t be concerned if they seem too moist – that’s the point. AND ENJOY!
If you try this recipe, we want to know! Send a pic & tag #laxopseats on instagram
Get weekly tips, recipes, & updates from our athletes & experts.