The time is well worth it. This is a light and healthy snack when you crave something sweet.
- 3 cups mixture of berries
- 2-3 tablespoons of Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1) Blend ingredients in a processor until it is as smooth as can be
2) Line a baking pan or sheet with a good quality plastic wrap or parchment paper.
3) Pour the blended fruit mixture onto the lined pan, then spread it out with a spoon. (It should be as thin as possible without forming holes, about ⅛ – ¼ inch thick.)
4) Put oven on the lowest temperature it can go, and place sheet in oven
5) Cook for 4-6 hours (you will know when it is finished when the middle is no longer tacky)
6) Once dried, let the fruit leather cool, then remove from plastic wrap.(Cutting with a clean pair of scissors makes this go quickly! )
7) Remove the edges then cut into 1 inch wide strips.
If you try this recipe, we want to know! Send a pic & tag #laxopseats on instagram
Get weekly tips, recipes, & updates from our athletes & experts.